The load capacity of the vehicle is the mass of the cargo for which this vehicle is designed to be transported. The main operational characteristic of trucks, which many forget or forget in the pursuit of increased efficiency of use.
Purpose and application of dump trucks
The direct purpose is the transportation of goods with autonomous unloading. The driver performs self-unloading using mechanisms installed by the manufacturer.
The transported materials are diverse:
- crushed stone;
- bricks on pallets;
- cement in bags.
Dump trucks are used:
- for domestic and communal purposes – snow removal, garbage, transportation of small goods to the population;
- for construction – delivery of soil, sand, crushed stone to construction sites;
- in quarries – in the extraction of minerals, sand, soil, crushed stone;
- in agriculture – with enhanced passability for harvesting.
Types of dump trucks, load capacity and off-road qualities
According to the design of the platform , dump trucks are allocated for placement:
- self-tilting dump truck – tilting and unloading occurs due to the bulk of the loaded mass;
- with forced lifting – the energy source has its own engine, the discharge is carried out in any direction;
- with a movable floor – during unloading, the cargo is shifted back or to some side;
- telescopic – unloading takes place by shifting the links of the trough of the car.
Manufacturers offer the following dump truck options:
- low load capacity – no more than 6 tons;
- average – up to 18 tons;
- increased – up to 35 tons;
- especially high – more than 35 tons.
Shacman produces trucks mainly with increased and especially high load capacity. The average serpentinite is represented by the L3000 model, in the elevated one – H3000. Dump trucks with the highest load capacity are the most diverse – models F3000, X3000, X5000 and X6000.
Another important factor that affects the load capacity is the wheelbase. It also directly affects the cross-country ability of the dump truck.
The Shacman fleet is represented by the following models:
- simple road dump trucks with 4×2 or 6×4 wheel suspension
- multi-ton off-road options – 8×4 suspension
- reinforced cross-country with 4×4, 6×6 suspension
Load capacity and off-road qualities of Shacman dump trucks
6х4, 35-50 tons
8х4, 70-90 tons
X3000, X5000 и X6000:
6х4, 35-50 tons
8х4, 50-70 tons
4×2, до 25 tons
6х4, 35-50 tons
8х4, 50-70 tons
4×2, to 18 tons
Consequences of overloading dump trucks
More often than others, the owners of dump trucks sin by overloading their trucks. Let’s see how economically justified it is to work with overload and what it will lead to.
The size of the profit is the key reason why the owners are ready to overload the equipment. We did the calculations in the article
In the first years of operation, modern machines allow you to squeeze everything possible and not possible out of dump trucks with impunity. It is known that dump trucks, like other construction equipment, are designed with a solid margin of safety for all components and aggregates. This is what the owners hope for. However, this very margin of safety is small.
What problems appear in the work of a dump truck with overload:
- The frame may bend during operation on an uneven road;
- The spars are also at risk of deformation when the dump truck is filled up at the time of unloading.
- Springs also “die” quickly. Repairs for models with semi-elliptical are inexpensive, it is enough for the carrier to have several specially loaded root sheets and change them as they fail. assembled in multi-leaf packages. Repair of parabolic springs is expensive and not so fast;
- On a light bridge, the high dynamic loads inherent in an overloaded truck will quickly finish off the bearings, and a backlash will appear in the pins;
- In addition to bearings, gear teeth of gearboxes and differentials suffer when working with increased load;
- Overloads will cause rapid wear of the rubber. Short-term operation of tires with overload can have an extremely negative impact on their power structure, namely the frame and the breaker layers. The cost of purchasing new tires and tire service cancels a decent part of the resulting “excess profits”.
The safety margin inherent in the Shacman design allows the dump truck to work with overload at the beginning of operation. But all this is blackish with the wear of tires, bridges, frames, springs and many other equipment. Working with overload is not always beneficial to the owner. If you also add additional repair costs and fines for violating the axle load limit to one line, then is the game worth the candle.
The moral is simple – it is necessary to operate dump trucks with a strictly calculated load. And if you need a dump truck with a large load capacity, the Shacman F3000, X3000, X5000 and X6000 models will help you.
You can buy and learn more about the technical characteristics of SHACMAN dump trucks by phone from a representative of our company or send an application for the selected model online.